iGlucose - Quality Control Test caution points
Please follow these cautionary points before performing a quality control test:
- Important: Do not apply blood when testing in the “Control Solution” mode and when the icon is displayed. Testing blood in this test mode will produce inaccurate blood results.
- Each time you open a new bottle of control solution, write the expiration date on the label. The Rightest® Control Solution GC550 is good for 3 months after opening the bottle, or until the expiration date printed on the label of the control solution, whichever comes first.
- After use, wipe the top of the bottle cap with a clean wet tissue and then with a dry one to remove any residue of the control solution.
- Close the bottle of control solution tightly immediately after using.
- The control solution test should be conducted between 59-104°F (15-40°C) and in a location with a relative humidity of 10-90%.
- Do not touch the control solution to the sample port on the strip before seeing the message “Apply a drop of control solution.” The iGlucose Blood Glucose Meter performs an internal check that takes 3 seconds. Touching the control solution to the sample port before prompted will result in an error message.
- Do not drip the control solution on to the sample port of the test strip directly as this could flood and contaminate the meter via the test strip port.
- Keep the test strip port clean and dry. Clean immediately if the test strip port is stained or is overly exposed to moisture.
- Do not touch the tip of the control solution bottle. If the tip is touched, clean with a wet tissue, then with a dry one and pour out 2 drops of control solution.
- Keep control solution bottles out of reach of children.